TD READY SCHOOLS
Studio 180 Theatre’s TD READY SCHOOLS program gives 10 high school classes located in vulnerable communities across the GTA access to unique theatrical experiences, including engagement with professional playwrights and theatre artists through subsidized readings, performances and artist-led workshops.
For a decade, we’ve committed ourselves to working with high school students to help them explore multiple points of view and become better leaders through our Studio 180 IN CLASS education program, which uses theatrical techniques to humanize social and political issues.
TD READY SCHOOLS pairs our education program with our productions and play development program, Studio 180 IN DEVELOPMENT, to give students unique opportunities to use theatre to examine important social and political issues and engage with their communities in a meaningful way.
The goals of the TD READY SCHOOLS program are:
- To give high school students access to professional theatre experiences
- To develop empathy, critical thinking and leadership skills
- To enable students to interact with working, professional theatre artists
- To inspire students to make theatre (and the arts in general) a part of their lives
- To inspire self-discovery and help students connect with, and gain appreciation for, their peers in a new way
Studio 180 Theatre’s TD READY SCHOOLS program aims to help young people get ready for the future by helping them develop personal and interpersonal skills that will enable them to work effectively with others and become leaders in their communities. Together with TD Bank, we are working to help young people gain the skills they need to be successful in a changing world.