- $50 provides a class with access to online performances and materials
- $150 provides an Artist Educator for one workshop session
- $450 provides an Artist Educator for a full three-session workshop
- $1,000 provides one class of 20-30 students with three artist-led workshops
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, field trips to performances and school visits from artists will not be permitted for the foreseeable future. This means that students will be missing out on valuable arts education opportunities. Exposure to the arts has proven benefits, such as teaching communication, persistence, resilience, collaboration, social-emotional skills and empathy.
At Studio 180 Theatre, we believe that students engage with the world more fully through the arts. With concerns about health and safety and so many challenges around virtual learning, students and teachers are in dire need of additional support.
To support students and teachers in these difficult times, Studio 180 has launched our Youth Arts Access Campaign.
With theatres still closed and zero box office revenue, Studio 180 continues to be severely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. That’s why we need YOU.
With your help, we can inspire and empower high school students from across the Greater Toronto Area and beyond by providing arts experiences and artist-led workshops that will benefit them both immediately and in the future.
“Over the spring and summer, I kept in close contact with our Education Advisory Committee and many of the teachers who have worked with us in the past. I listened to their concerns and challenges and saw an opportunity for Studio 180 to support teachers and help students.”
How your contribution helps
Ticket sales only cover 12% of our operating expenses, so we count on every dollar from individuals like you to fund our programming. Here’s how your contribution makes a difference:
The benefits of giving
We’re pleased to offer all our donors benefits that give you intimate access to our artists, Core Artistic Team and creative process year-round. Your benefits include:
- Tax receipt for the maximum allowable amount
- Advance notice of Studio 180’s season
- Recognition in programmes
- Invitation to the first day of rehearsals for our productions
- Invitation to attend closing night parties with actors and the company
- Reserved seating for 180 READS and Studio 180 IN DEVELOPMENT readings
- Advance ticket sales ahead of the general public
- Creative and organizational updates sent directly to your inbox, including our annual report
Select RSVP events will have limited space with access on a first-come, first-served basis.
Equivalent benefits may be offered in subsequent seasons.
Levels of Giving
Studio 180 recognizes donors in printed house programmes according to their level of giving:
|Friend with Benefits||$100–$249|
A little goes a long way… give monthly
When you donate online through CanadaHelps, consider giving monthly. It’s easy to set up and enables you to do the following:
- Make an ongoing commitment to Studio 180’s programming
- Spread out your giving throughout the year
- Easily budget your charitable giving for the year
- Feel good!
Double the impact of your donation
Your employer might match your donation. Your company’s Human Resources department may have information about employee incentives to maximize charitable giving. If you let us know where you work, we’ll do the legwork!
If you would like additional information or would like to discuss specific donor or sponsorship opportunities, please e-mail Byron Abalos or call him at 416-962-1800.
Charitable Registration Number: 85898 2200 RR0001
Photos: Students participate in an IN CLASS Workshop (Dahlia Katz), You Will Remember Me (Cylla von Tiedemann), My Night With Reg (Cylla von Tiedemann).