COVID-19 isolated us.
Theatre will reconnect us.
But we need your help.
Like many of our colleagues in the arts, and in many other sectors, Studio 180 Theatre has been greatly affected by the COVID-19 crisis.
- 19 actors, musicians, designers and other theatre professionals lost their jobs due to the cancellation of our production of Indecent by Paula Vogel
- loss of expected box office revenue of 35% of our income for the year
- loss of $40,000 in pre-production costs
- 27 Studio 180 IN CLASS workshops at 8 different schools from across the Greater Toronto Area were cancelled
- 223 high school students won’t be able to access our arts education workshops
- 9 Artist Educators are out of work
To help us weather the current crisis, and support our artistic, outreach and educational programming in our 2020/21 Season, we’ve extended our RECONNECT Fundraising Campaign.When the crisis subsides, we believe theatre will be a critical part of our recovery. It will re-connect us and remind us that we are not alone. It will remind us of who we are and what makes us human. It will help us humanize complex social and political issues, and promote empathy, critical thinking, and stronger, more connected communities.
If you share these beliefs, we invite you to make a donation to Studio 180 today. Your gift enables us to continue producing thought-provoking plays, facilitate important community discussions through our Beyond the Stage program, develop new plays through Studio 180 IN DEVELOPMENT and help students develop empathy and practice critical thinking through Studio 180 IN CLASS.
We’ve reimagined our 2020/21 season to be delivered online with more opportunities than ever to connect to our work, and with the help of our funders, sponsors and donors like you, we are excited to move forward and explore what our future seasons might look like.
When you donate, you become part of our donor circle and get the inside track on our creative and organizational growth. You’ll be invited to special events like the first day of rehearsal, closing night parties, get reserved seating at our play readings and more. Keep reading below to learn more about the benefits of being a Studio 180 donor.
Click here to read Artistic Director Joel Greenberg’s letter about the cancellation of Studio 180’s production of Indecent due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
How your contribution helps
Ticket sales only cover 12% of our operating expenses, so we count on every dollar from individuals like you to fund our programming. Here’s how your contribution makes a difference:
The benefits of giving
We’re pleased to offer all our donors benefits that give you intimate access to our artists, Core Artistic Team and creative process year-round. Your benefits include:
- Tax receipt for the maximum allowable amount
- Advance notice of Studio 180’s season
- Recognition in programmes
- Invitation to the first day of rehearsals for our productions
- Invitation to attend closing night parties with actors and the company
- Reserved seating for 180 READS and Studio 180 IN DEVELOPMENT readings
- Advance ticket sales ahead of the general public
- Creative and organizational updates sent directly to your inbox, including our annual report
Select RSVP events will have limited space with access on a first-come, first-served basis.
Equivalent benefits may be offered in subsequent seasons.
Levels of Giving
Studio 180 recognizes donors in printed house programmes according to their level of giving:
|Friend with Benefits||$100–$249|
A little goes a long way… give monthly
When you donate online through CanadaHelps, consider giving monthly. It’s easy to set up and enables you to do the following:
- Make an ongoing commitment to Studio 180’s programming
- Spread out your giving throughout the year
- Easily budget your charitable giving for the year
- Feel good!
Double the impact of your donation
Your employer might match your donation. Your company’s Human Resources department may have information about employee incentives to maximize charitable giving. If you let us know where you work, we’ll do the legwork!
If you would like additional information or would like to discuss specific donor or sponsorship opportunities, please e-mail Byron Abalos or call him at 416-962-1800.
Charitable Registration Number: 85898 2200 RR0001
Photos: The Election Student IN DEVELOPMENT Reading (Dahlia Katz), You Will Remember Me (Cylla von Tiedemann), My Night With Reg (Cylla von Tiedemann).