You can help us build community through theatre.
We believe theatre humanizes complex social and political issues, and promotes empathy, critical thinking, and stronger, more connected communities.
If you share these beliefs, we invite you to make a donation to Studio 180 today. Your gift enables us to continue producing thought-provoking plays, facilitate important community discussions through our Beyond the Stage program, develop new plays through Studio 180 IN DEVELOPMENT and help students develop empathy and practice critical thinking through Studio 180 IN CLASS.
When you donate, you become part of our donor circle and get the inside track on our creative and organizational growth. You’ll be invited to special events like the first day of rehearsal, closing night parties, get reserved seating at our play readings and more. Keep reading below to learn more about the benefits of being a Studio 180 donor.
How your contribution helps
Ticket sales only cover 12% of our operating expenses, so we count on every dollar from individuals like you to fund our programming. Here’s how your contribution makes a difference:
- $50 enables artists to create by buying rehearsal space for a half day
- $100 hires an actor for a Studio 180 IN DEVELOPMENT workshop
- $300 teaches a class of high school students empathy by covering the costs of a Studio 180 IN CLASS workshop
The benefits of giving
We’re pleased to offer all our donors benefits that give you intimate access to our artists, Core Artistic Team and creative process year-round. Your benefits include:
- Tax receipt for the maximum allowable amount
- Advance notice of Studio 180’s season
- Recognition in programmes
- Invitation to the first day of rehearsals for our two 2018/19 productions
- Invitation to attend closing night parties with actors and the company
- Reserved seating for 180 READS and Studio 180 IN DEVELOPMENT readings
- Advance ticket sales ahead of the general public
- Creative and organizational updates sent directly to your inbox, including our annual report
Select RSVP events will have limited space with access on a first-come, first-served basis.
Equivalent benefits may be offered in subsequent seasons.
Levels of Giving
Studio 180 recognizes donors in printed house programmes according to their level of giving:
|Friend with Benefits||$100–$249|
A little goes a long way… give monthly
When you donate online through CanadaHelps, consider giving monthly. It’s easy to set up and enables you to do the following:
- Make an ongoing commitment to Studio 180’s programming
- Spread out your giving throughout the year
- Easily budget your charitable giving for the year
- Feel good!
Double the impact of your donation
Your employer might match your donation. Your company’s Human Resources department may have information about employee incentives to maximize charitable giving. If you let us know where you work, we’ll do the legwork!
If you would like additional information or would like to discuss specific donor or sponsorship opportunities, please e-mail Julia Dickson or call her at 416-962-1800.
Charitable Registration Number: 85898 2200 RR0001
Photos: The Election Student IN DEVELOPMENT Reading (Dahlia Katz), You Will Remember Me (Cylla von Tiedemann), My Night With Reg (Cylla von Tiedemann).