Bring communities together through the power of live theatre.
This year, you can help provide opportunities for meaningful connections through powerful discussion beyond the stage by donating to Studio 180 Theatre’s CREATING CONNECTION fundraising campaign.
Our campaign aims to raise $20,000 by December 31, 2019, which will be used to support our Studio 180 Beyond the Stage programming and provide opportunities for public discourse, community engagement, and new community connections. You can make more events like these possible, and further connections created by making a donation to Studio 180. As an added incentive, Studio 180 Theatre’s Board of Directors is matching all new, increased, and automatic monthly donations made by December 31st up to $2,500.
Join us in creating opportunities for building community. Together, we can deepen connections to the theatre, to important political issues, and to each other.
Studio 180’s Beyond the Stage Program helps spark important discussions about the issues that matter, and we offer a number of ways for you to engage with our artists, subject matter experts, community organizations and the issues featured in the play. This season will boast events such as pre and post-show talkbacks, special panel discussions, and lobby exhibits. Learn more about the connections these programs can create with a letter from Audrey Birenbaum and Debora Merowitz, who met and became friends through Studio 180 EATS.
How your contribution helps
- $50 buys an hour of space for a community engagement event
- $150 engages a speaker for a pre-show chat or post-show discussion
- $300 enables an artist to bring in a piece of work as part of a lobby exhibit paired to the production
The benefits of giving
We’re pleased to offer all our donors benefits that give you intimate access to our artists, Core Artistic Team and creative process year-round. Your benefits include:
- Tax receipt for the maximum allowable amount
- Advance notice of Studio 180’s season
- Recognition in programmes
- Invitation to the first day of rehearsals for our two 2018/19 productions
- Invitation to attend closing night parties with actors and the company
- Reserved seating for 180 READS and Studio 180 IN DEVELOPMENT readings
- Advance ticket sales ahead of the general public
- Creative and organizational updates sent directly to your inbox, including our annual report
Select RSVP events will have limited space with access on a first-come, first-served basis.
Equivalent benefits may be offered in subsequent seasons.
Levels of Giving
Studio 180 recognizes donors in printed house programmes according to their level of giving:
|Friend with Benefits||$100–$249|
A little goes a long way… give monthly
When you donate online through CanadaHelps, consider giving monthly. It’s easy to set up and enables you to do the following:
- Make an ongoing commitment to Studio 180’s programming
- Spread out your giving throughout the year
- Easily budget your charitable giving for the year
- Feel good!
Double the impact of your donation
Your employer might match your donation. Your company’s Human Resources department may have information about employee incentives to maximize charitable giving. If you let us know where you work, we’ll do the legwork!
If you would like additional information or would like to discuss specific donor or sponsorship opportunities, please e-mail Julia Dickson or call her at 416-962-1800.
Charitable Registration Number: 85898 2200 RR0001
Photos: The Election Student IN DEVELOPMENT Reading (Dahlia Katz), You Will Remember Me (Cylla von Tiedemann), My Night With Reg (Cylla von Tiedemann).