Would You Like to Know More?
Our e-bulletins keep you in the loop when it comes to the latest announcements, special events, contests and discount offers. Check out our most recent bulletins and, if you haven’t already, please join our mailing list!
Donors also receive our 180 INSIDER – a digital communications program that offers artist features, videos and organizational updates throughout the year. Click here to learn more about becoming a donor.
Studio 180 Theatre Seeks Marketing Coordinator
Consider joining our team! We’re currently seeking a part-time Marketing Coordinator for an immediate start. See the description, criteria and application guidelines below.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 27, 2017
Position title: Marketing Coordinator
Start date: Immediate start
Region: Metro Toronto Area
Salary: To be negotiated
Contract terms: Part-time, one-year renewable contract position with immediate start
Reports to: General Manager
The mandate of this position is to develop the patron base and to maximize awareness and exposure around Studio 180 Theatre’s productions, activities and brand. To that end the Marketing Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the strategic development, execution and evaluation of Studio 180 Theatre’s marketing programs, promotions, branding, communications and public relations.
Works with the Artistic Director, Director of Development, Core Artistic Team and Director of Education & Outreach. The Marketing Coordinator plays a key role in the organization.
ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION – STUDIO 180 THEATRE
Now in its 14th season, Studio 180 Theatre is a Toronto-based company that ignites conversation through theatre. Our mission is to produce socially relevant theatre that provokes public discourse and promotes community engagement.
Studio 180 Theatre is committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourages qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Devise and implement annual communications and marketing plans for all Studio 180 Theatre programming – including productions and all special events
- Manage marketing budgets, manage critical paths, and assist with the creation of future budgets
- Lead the implementation of a brand refresh across digital platforms and printed materials
- Develop and implement new initiatives to promote Studio 180 Theatre
- Supervise Studio 180 Theatre’s brand presence across physical and digital platforms
- Direct and expand social media platforms
- Develop a strategy to improve patron data collection
- Oversee work with external graphic and web designers, photographers and videographers, when necessary
- Ensure optimization of Studio 180 Theatre’s website, update content as needed, and implement season rollover
- Oversee and/or implement the creation and dissemination of production-related print and electronic materials
- Assist with layout and proofing of physical and digital pieces provided by the Director of Development and Director of Education & Outreach
- Work with a task force composed of Board members to develop strategy and action plans
- Support the work of the General Manager and Director of Development as needed (e.g., provide data for final reports and grants, and marketing materials for donor or sponsor development)
- Minimum three years direct work experience in a marketing capacity or within the non-profit arts sector
- Brand management experience
- Strong copywriting skills
- Ability to translate strategic thinking into action plans and output, with an understanding of marketing strategies, tactics and best practices
- Comfort with website management including familiarity with WordPress
- Project management, prioritization, multi-tasking and time-management skills
- Experience in managing budgets, including monitoring expenditures and maximizing outcomes with limited resources
- Strong statistical and analytical skills
- Relationship-management skills, including the ability to work closely and collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders, and in a small office environment
- Bachelor and/or Masters degree in Theatre, Arts Administration, Marketing, Public Relations or Communications, OR related field experience
- Knowledge of Canada’s theatre community
- Experience in not-for-profit cultural arts sector
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing comprehensive strategic marketing and communications programs
- Facility with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
- Facility with a social media management platform
- Experience using an e-mail marketing platform such as MailChimp
- Experience with basic HTML coding
- Experience with video production and editing
- Experience working in public relations
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must include,
- A current resume
- A cover letter including two references
Apply by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Marketing Coordinator.” Please submit your cover letter and resume in a single PDF file. APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 27, 2017
Interviews will be arranged for qualified applicants. No calls please.